All are invited to accept the CWC Community Challenge and raise awareness and/or money for the free Sexual Assault Support, Advocacy, and Prevention Services provided to our community by the Center for Women & Community (CWC). It’s like a walk-a-thon with more options!
Accepting the Challenge is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Create a Challenge: Either individually or as part of a team, create a custom challenge to complete before April 24th to show support for survivors and a violence-free community. Challenges can be fun, creative, relaxing, and/or physical – whatever speaks to you! Do you or your team want to run a 10k? Go for it! Do you want something a bit more out-of-the-box? Consider some of these:
· Hike the 7 Sisters with your team
· Knit a funky hat
· Build something for your home
· Spring clean a yard for a neighbor who could use a hand
· Run, walk, or bike a 10k
· Host a plant swap
· Host a Mario Kart Tournament to raise funds
· Learn something new – like a yoga flow – or use a new app
· Try a new skateboard or roller-skating trick
· Read a book
· Flip something you thrifted
Or, create your own challenge!
2. Decide if you want to raise awareness and/or funds for free services. To raise awareness, you will utilize CWC’s social media toolkit with shareable posts, Facebook filters, and captions to help spread the word about free available services. If you fundraise, you will set your own goal and be given a toolkit with personalized fundraising links to track progress, shareable social media posts, and templates for requesting donations! Participants have until April 24th to complete their customized challenges.
3. On April 24th, complete your challenge! You can share on social media and are invited for a virtual community gathering at the end of the day to recognize challenges and light a candle for those impacted by sexual violence. There will be giveaways, prizes, awards, and more! We hope you’ll join! Learn more and register to participate in the challenge!