Job Posting: Community Engagement Coordinator
Join the team at Safe Passage.
As a valued member of the Safe Passage team, the Community Engagement Coordinator will bring their strong organizational, outreach, and social media skills to advance engagement through training, volunteer recruitment and retention, and the development and curation of content for social media campaigns.
● Conduct regular Community Engagement training and outreach sessions for staff, volunteers, interns, and other stakeholders in accordance with Safe Passage’s training schedule, new employee onboarding, and the needs of external collaborators.
● Develop and curate text, image and video content in support of social media campaigns while providing support for the campaigns’ implementation.
● Promote and monitor online engagement.
● Contribute to efforts to assess the campaign effectiveness.
● Participate in community, educational, and recruitment events while effectively representing Safe Passage.
● Manage regular volunteer communications through Safe Passage’s mass electronic communication system (Mailchimp).
● Respond to inquiries about volunteer programming, experiential learning opportunities, and other engagement activities.
● Supervise and support interns and associated works.
● Manage, synthesize, and report volunteer and engagement data, as collected via surveys and program evaluations among other means, while applying insights in the service of Safe Passage initiatives.
● Contribute to efforts to satisfy funders’ reporting requirements.
● Maintain and enhance the Community Engagement digital resource repository.
● Perform other duties as requested.